Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hogsmeade and Butter Beer

TJ and I along with his good friend Dane and Dane's mom, Melanie, went to Florida for TJ's senior trip. We went to Universal to spend time with Harry Potter.




One of the things I found I really liked in Hogsmeade was Butter Beer! Yummy!!!



I did a search on the internet for a recipe for Butter Beer. Both recipes have you serve the butter beer warm. I think that is the way the actually story goes. But the Butter Beer I had was slushy cold. So I guess you could chill the mixture before you mix it with the cream soda or even freeze it. Try it and let me know what you think of Butter Beer.


Butter Beer Recipe #1

1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butterscotch topping
2 tablespoons whipped butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups vanilla cream soda

Directions
Combine condensed milk, butterscotch topping, and butter in a glass heatproof measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until butter has melted and incorporated into mixture. Meanwhile heat cream soda in another heatproof measuring cup for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Divide butterscotch mixture between 2 (10 to 12-ounce) mugs. Fill mugs with heated cream soda and stir thoroughly. Serve garnished with an old-fashioned butterscotch candy stick


Butter Beer Recipe #2

1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
½ tablespoon butter


Directions:

Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.

Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.

Step 3: Serve in two mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!

5 comments:

  1. The recipe looks yummy. I didn't realize all those yummy ingredients were in it. Very refreshing. I wouldn't want it warm in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found a recipe, I was getting jealous of everyone drinking butter beer, I will have to try this, my kids would be very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. That sounds soooo good. I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe. I appreciate your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete