Sunday, January 9, 2011

It Is Always Good To Have Such Awesome Brothers

I am totally plagiarizing. Rob did such a good job that I thought I would copy. I want it for my Blog Book. Thanks Rob.

We move on to Sherry's house for the Christensen soiree (look it up). All the girl cousins liked to hang out together and put their legs on each other. Girls are so weird. And Jacob, he's one of the girls too.

In the other corner the boy cousins are playing a dreidle game for candy.

I get the feeling KC is a gamer. Just a hunch.

Woo hoo food! The best part of any family party. We are the salad and dessert people so this year we shook it up a little bit by taking a pasta salad. I know, crazy huh? Totally took everyone by surprise, especially when they found out how potent the red onion was. We are sooooo unpredictable.

Katie is still happy to get to see Alyssa.

I don't know what it is about Jim but kids seem to like him. I, however, have the opposite effect on them. I know, it's my rugged good looks.

I present to you the Steven table. You can (or must, I'm not quite clear on this rule) sit here if your name is Steven. I guess it's a good thing Kelli wasn't here this year or the table would be really crowded.

And now I present to you the lazy guy couch. We will revisit this again later.

The second half of the party was the fun present part. All the grand kids brought a $10 gift card from one of their favorite places and stuck it to a candy bar of their choice.

The gift cards and candy bars were placed in a basket and given to KC. He was of course happy to receive them and thought this was a great present from all of the other grand kids.

Until we told him that wasn't part of the game.

Sherry gathered all of us into the family room to explain the rules of the game. None of which included KC getting all of the gift cards. Sorry KC, I was pulling for you dude. Here we are carefully listening to the rules. See that guy in the red sweater sitting in the chair? You know him as G-pa Christensen. Watch closely for the next few pictures.

Here is Sherry explaining the rules while everyone is carefully listening. Except for the guys on the lazy guy couch, they are trying to watch the game but Sherry keeps talking and standing in front of the T.V.

The rules are similar to the white elephant game we played at G-pa Clowards. What? I didn't explain the rules at the last party? Sherry had all of the kids pick a number out of a bowl and then we went in order of lowest to highest number. When your number is called you can either steal a gift card from one of your cousins and hope they don't punch you or you can try to steal a card and candy bar from the bowl that KC is holding. You decide which one is scarier.

And we nearly have full comatose-i-ness. What did I say about comfy places?

Well at least Kelsie was happy with her gift card and candy bar combo.


The faces may change but it remains the lazy guy couch. And who is that? Why I believe it is the king of the comfy lazy guy couch sitting on his G-pa's lap eating an entire package of peanut butter cups. I so envy that guy. The eating the peanut butter cups, not the sitting on Larry's lap. I don't think he would like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment