Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For Posterity's Sake.....Really!

About three years ago Larry had a business trip in Great Exuma. So of course he took me. YES!!!. I do get a few benefits from him working. hahahah Well we found out that they were filming Pirates two and three on the island. So we rented a car and set out to find them.


We kept seeing these signs all over the island. Great Exuma is not very big. One stop sign in all. And because we are such great detectives we decided that the "P" meant pirates and the 2/3 was 2/3. Oh, we are so good. So we followed them. They lead to a beach, and then we found....



We knew we were in the right place. So we just sat with the others and waited.



This is Larry with good friend and co-worker John Oaks just sitting and talking and who walks by and the men don't even move...



Yep...Kiera Knightly. I didn't get a very good shot since she was not the one I was looking for. (Only because I did not know who Kiera Knightly was either)

Finally, pure bliss, Orlando Bloom gets off the boat with his two dogs. They of course, take off down the beach. And so does Orlando. Do we follow them? No, because we might miss Johnny. But luck is on our side and he comes pulling up in a SUV that went down the beach to pick him and the dogs up.



Do you think my smile is big enough? And extra points if you can guess how many chins I have. Well we wait another hour and it starts to get dark. But finally, Johnny Depp arrives. There is this little boy about eight. He has colored Johnny a picture of pirates and a boat and has signed it for him. This is when I absolutely fell in love with Depp. He spent like ten minutes with this boy telling him how good his picture was and then signing a picture of himself that the boy had brought.



There was only about ten people on shore to see the stars come off the pirate ship, so we ended up getting our fair share of time. Johnny (you like how I am on first name basis with him?) was so good to accommodate everyone. Especially this aggressive lady who wanted to have him sign her shirt!!!



As soon as she was done she shoved me up there and told him to sign my shirt. I am not sure why Larry didn't get this shot. But I have the shirt.


I will sound like a teenage girl and say that I will never wash this shirt. I also can say I was hugged by Johnny Depp!



This is Kairle Oaks with me. We had so much fun just watching and being part of the "Pirates End Of Day". But everything must come to an end.



Funny part of the whole story is when I came home, I framed the pictures of me and the boys and put them in my front room. They received a lot of attention. Women 35+ loved Johnny and the 35- loved Orlando. I would always get some kind of scream of jealousy. After awhile Larry finally said, "Where are the pictures of you and me?" And I had to inform him that our picture did not spur on conversation like Orlando and Johnny. He was a bit confused so I put some back up. So when your visiting, please make a big deal over Larry's pictures will you? Thanks!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't remember seeing your Johnny picture when I was there. Surely you didn't put him away? (Speaking of pictures, don't forget mine.)
    Hey, since you have now mastered blogging, you need to get on facebook. I finally took the plunge after Michelle kept telling me everything that is going on in the family such as pregnancies, new jobs, etc. It's pretty intersting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is hanging on the family wall of fame...unless Larry took him down and I didn't notice..hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I must be a 35+ woman in disguise because I would rather meet Johnny than any of the others. He is such a talented actor. I know exactly what I would say to him if I ever met him too. Meagan and I have had this talk before...I would inform him that he could be the best criminal in the world because every roll he has ever done, he looks totally different. It would not be hard for him to change his appearance. I am totally jealous. I am a little surprised Kiera didn't blow away in the wind. She is way skinny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you sent out the email of these pictures when you got home. I was at work at the dentist office and I showed all my co-workers. They didn't believe that I knew you in the picture and then they didn't think it was really Johnny Depp. They thought it was a cardboard cutout or something. You of all people would have this experience. I love Depp too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous...Johnny Depp rocks! I have heard he is really good with fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! I am a -35 that would get excited over Johnny rather than Orlando.

    ReplyDelete